Smuggler - a Memoir: A True Story of Marijuana, the Hippie Mafia and One of America's Most Wanted International Drug Traffickers by Richard Stratton (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.90Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- Est. delivery by 10 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Stratton was the unlikeliest of drug kingpins. He was a clean-cut college student who fell in love with the adrenaline high of cross-border drug trafficking after bringing two kilos of marijuana across the US border from a trip to Mexico. He never looked back. Stratton became a member of the hippie mafia, living the underground life while embracing the hippie credo, rejecting hard drugs in favour of marijuana and hashish, which he brought into the US by the ton. As an anti-establishment outlaw he was friends with Norman Mailer. As a major drug importer he worked with Whitey Bulger and some of the most torious American crime figures. Smuggler gives the -holds-barred account of Stratton's life as one of America's biggest traffickers. From Leban to the Caribbean, from improvised airstrips in the backwoods of New England to the badlands of the US-Mexican border, and from five-star Manhattan hotels to the brutal reality of federal prison and a 25-year sentence, we follow his story as his fortunes rise and fall. A true crime memoir that reads like fiction, Smuggler is an incredible and revealing trip into the world of international drug trafficking.
- Author BiographyRichard Stratton wrote the novel Smack Goddess during his eight-year term in federal prison. He is now an acclaimed filmmaker and screenwriter whose feature film Slam and documentary Crude won prizes at Cannes and the Berlin Film Festival, respectively. A writer and consultant for HBO's Oz, he was the creator, writer, and executive producer of Showtime's Street Time. He is the founder of Prison Life, the editor and publisher of High Times, and a contributor to Rolling Stone, Esquire, GQ, Details, Newsweek, and Playboy. He lives with his wife and children in New York City.
- Author(s)Richard Stratton
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication22/06/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.