All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealing begins with love and the belief that change is possible. After fourteen years of ministering to prostitutes, drug addicts, and female victims of every kind of abuse, Becca Stevens kws firsthand what it means to be broken - and what it means to find healing. Stevens shares how God turned her own childhood scars of sexual abuse and loss into two nationally acclaimed ministries for healing others. She founded Magdalene, a free rehab and housing programme for prostitutes, and Thistle Farms, employing women to manufacture all-natural body care products in a supportive community of survivors. Wise and reflective, SNAKE OIL inspires readers by offering real recipes for healing oil blends and a story that empowers all who come in contact with it. From clovers to casseroles and everything in between, Becca - a 'snake oil salesman' - affirms that redemption comes in the most unexpected places, and the belief in healing can be just as restorative as the product itself.
- Author BiographyReverend Becca Stevens is an Episcopal priest serving as Chaplain at St Augustine's at Vanderbilt University, and founder of Magdalene & Thistle Farms, a community and social enterprise that stands with women recovering from violence, prostitution, addiction and life on the streets. Stevens is the author of eight books and has been featured on CNN, NPR, and other national media. In 2011 Stevens was named by the White House as one of 15 'Champions of Change.' She was named the 2011 'Social Entrepreneur of the Year' in Nashville, TN and has received awards from the Frist Foundation and the Academy of Women of Achievement. To date, she has raised more than $13 million for the organizations she supports. Stevens lives in Nashville with her husband, Grammy-winning songwriter Marcus Hummon, and their three sons. Stevens has been on CNN News, NPR's 'All Things Considered,' the Christian Science Monitor, CNN Headline News with Nancy Grace, PBS Religion and Ethics, Christian Century, Christianity Today, the Washington Times, Huffington Post, Publishers Weekly, The Daily Beast, The Tennessean, InFocus Magazine, Homecoming Magazine, Chapter 16, and Today's Christian Woman.
- Author(s)Rev. Becca Stevens
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width132 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.