Snap Strategies for Couples: 40 Fast Fixes for Everyday Relationship Pitfalls by Pepper Schwartz, Lana Staheli (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- Description<i>Snap Strategies for Couples: 40 Fast Fixes for Everyday Relationship Pitfalls</i> is full of quick solutions to every relationship s most common problems. Dr. Lana Staheli and Dr. Pepper Schwartz offer 40 practical, immediate fixes (or snaps ) that partners can use to end the fighting, leave the baggage behind, and move their relationship forward. <i>Snap Strategies for Couples</i> is based on an alternative approach to prevailing advice that every issue has to be talked about at length, and that partners need to understand each other s every motivation and thought process. Instead, these tips get right to the daily difficulties that cause the fights, addressing unhelpful behaviors and giving solutions to move past them. These clear and sensible strategies offer couples an alternative to lengthy, expensive, emotionally charged therapy sessions, which can sometimes cause as many issues as they re meant to solve. Dr. Staheli and Dr. Schwartz cover all manner of problems, from everyday bickering to serious differences of opinion, giving readers guidance throughout the course of a relationship. Helpful for both longtime couples who have hit relationship snags and for newly committed partners looking to build healthy habits, <i>Snap Strategies</i> has positive, useful fixes that everyone can use.
- Author Biography<b>Dr. Lana Staheli</b> is an interpersonal relationship and life strategy consultant. She has had a successful private counseling, coaching and consulting practice for more than 35 years. Lana is a founding member of the board of directors for the Center for Women and Democracy at the University of Washington. She is also founding chair of the global networking program, She is a member prestigious International Women s Forum and current president of the Washington State Women s Forum. Lana is also a former member of the board of Harvard University s Kennedy School of Government. Lana and her husband, Lynn Staheli, MD (who have been married more than 37 years) are co-founders of Global HELP (Health Education through Low-cost Publications). A non-profit organization, Global HELP offers free medical information resources to developing countries. Lana has also established an endowment at Seattle Children s Hospital. It is her way to give back to the profession that saved her life some 60 years ago. Lana is the author of <i>Affair-Proof Your Marriage; The Complete Idiot s Guide to Affair Proof Love;</i> and <i>Bounce: Be Transformed</i> and is currently working on a new relationship book. She is the relationship expert for KIXI 880 AM's Chat with Women program. <b>Dr. Pepper Schwartz</b> is Professor of Sociology at the University of Washington where she teaches classes on human sexuality and intimate relationships. She is the author and co-author of 22 books, including <i>The New York Times</i> bestseller <i>The Normal Bar: The Surprising Secrets of Happy Couples.</i> She is the Love, Sex and Relationship Ambassador for AARP and Past President of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, and has won awards for translating academic work into a more readable format for the public. An expert on matchmaking and dating, she created the matching algorithm for PerfectMatch.com, wrote <i>Dating after 50 for Dummies</i> and is part of a team of four relationship experts on <i>Married at First Sight</i>, the hit TV show on arranged marriage that A&E network created for their FYI channel. She has also appeared on <i>Oprah</i>, the <i>Today</i> show, CBS Morning News, Good Morning America</i> and other major television shows, and blogs frequently for CNN.com, hisandhersvacations.com, and AARP.org. Pepper lives on a horse ranch near Seattle, Washington, and has two adult children, Ryder and Cooper, who both do relationship and other kinds of counseling. Her life partner is Fred Kaseburg.
- Author(s)Lana Staheli,Pepper Schwartz
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.