All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis all new book covering the brand new Srt version 2.6 from members of the Srt developers team. This fully integrated book and Web toolkit covers everything from packet inspection to optimizing Srt for speed to using the most advanced features of Srt to defend even the largest and most congested enterprise networks. Leading Srt experts Brian Caswell, Andrew Baker, and Jay Beale analyze traffic from real attacks to demonstrate the best practices for implementing the most powerful Srt features. The book will begin with a discussion of packet inspection and the progression from intrusion detection to intrusion prevention. The authors provide examples of packet inspection methods including: protocol standards compliance, protocol amaly detection, application control, and signature matching. In addition, application-level vulnerabilities including Binary Code in HTTP headers, HTTP/HTTPS Tunneling, URL Directory Traversal, Cross-Site Scripting, and SQL Injection will also be analyzed. Next, a brief chapter on installing and configuring Srt will highlight various methods for fine tuning your installation to optimize Srt performance including hardware/OS selection, finding and eliminating bottlenecks, and benchmarking and testing your deployment. A special chapter also details how to use Barnyard to improve the overall performance of Srt. Next, best practices will be presented allowing readers to enhance the performance of Srt for even the largest and most complex networks. The next chapter reveals the inner workings of Srt by analyzing the source code. The next several chapters will detail how to write, modify, and fine-tune basic to advanced rules and pre-processors. Detailed analysis of real packet captures will be provided both in the book and the companion material. Several examples for optimizing output plugins will then be discussed including a comparison of MySQL and PostrgreSQL. Best practices for monitoring Srt sensors and analyzing intrusion data follow with examples of real world attacks using: ACID, BASE, SGUIL, SrtSnarf, Srt_stat.pl, Swatch, and more. The last part of the book contains several chapters on active response, intrusion prevention, and using Srt's most advanced capabilities for everything from forensics and incident handling to building and analyzing honey pots.
- Author(s)Andrew Baker,Brian Caswell,Jay Beale
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/12/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.