All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.08Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionEight long years of grade school and nuns is about to end in freedom. Graduation! But only ifMimi Maloney and her classmates Patrick and Tony can outsmart investigators who suspect,and rightly so, theyre guilty of the worst crime ever in parish history. Mimi Maloney, an average student who never gets in trouble, shows her genius in love and crime in this tale ofCatholic school kids enduring the last two weeks of eighth grade. Police and church investigators conspire to learnwho put the stolen sw globe paperweight in the hand of Mary on the church roof, and suspicion falls on Mimisclassmates, Patrick Cantwell and his best friend Tony. A comic parama of parish life in the 1970s, when lying toget out of trouble was considered a sacred art form, because, after all, wasnt President Nixon lying too? In thissuspenseful, laugh-filled sequel to Never Hug a Nun and Try to Kiss a Girl, award-winning author Kevin Killeen givesus a caper plot of flawed heroes and lovable villains that packs the comic blast of that old hand grenade dad broughthome from the war and that illustrates childish daydreams all too often have adult, real-life consequences.
- Author BiographyA comic novelist who writes about family life, growing up and Catholic schools, Kevin Killeen has won awards for humor in his first two books, Never Hug a Nun and Try to Kiss a Girl. By day Killeen has worked since 1995 as a reporter for CBS Radio in St. Louis,covering crime, politics and human interest features. He has also written and directed some twenty humorous, full-length radio plays for the KMOX Holiday Radio Show. In his third novel, Snow Globes and Hand Grenades, Killeen for the first time put the boys in the background and tells a story whose main character is a girl, and in this latest novel, Most Improved Sophomore, he tells the tale from multiple points of view.
- Author(s)Kevin Killeen
- PublisherBlank Slate Press
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlank Slate Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.