All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSw on the Lindis is Madge Sw's story of living at Morven Hills Station on the Lindis Pass. Morven Hills is one of New Zealand's famous stations - once an ermous 400,000 acres. The great stone woolshed is one of New Zealand's most recognisable farm buildings and is one of the largest shearing sheds in the country at 34 stands. Madge Sw grew up on Malvern Downs, a station once part of the great Morven block, and she later married Richard Sw and took of the management of modern day Morven Hills Station. This is Madge's charming story of domestic station life, how the times have changed, but of fond memories that will never fade.
- Author BiographyBee Dawson (Author) Bee Dawson is a social historian who enjoys researching and writing books on the history of people, places and gardens. The wide range of topics she has written about includes women painters, the air force, the New Zealand garden, freight transportation, Hobsonville air base, the Child Cancer Foundation, and Puketiti Station. See more at www.beedawson.co.nz. Madge Snow (Author) Madge Snow grew up at Malvern Downs, part of the Morven Hills block on the Lindis Pass in Central Otago. She married Max Snow and they took over the running of Morven Hills Station, which once covered 400,000 acres and ran 100,000 sheep. Madge now lives in Wanaka.
- Author(s)Madge Snow
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2015
- ImprintRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Weight406 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.