Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionSwbird Secrets: A Guide to Big Mountain Skiing is a collection of lessons learned by skiing big mountains, as taught by big mountains. It reveals how this 3-ring resort is affected by wind, weather and exposure and how, in turn, this kwledge informs one's choice of descent down its multi-faceted terrain. The 22 chapters take readers on a tour of this gigantic winter playground, in the process sharing the secrets to mastering the mountain. Even elite expert skiers will discover perspectives they may have experienced and been unable to express. Mike Rogan, the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) National Alpine Team Captain and the living embodiment of the perfect turn, tes, Nowhere else will you understand the white dance as inside these scrolls. You will t be a complete Alpine Slider until you finish this book. Secrets is like a backstage pass to an arena concert; its authors, Jackson Hogen and Guru Dave Powers, make you feel the beating pulse that invests every run down these natural amphitheaters with the invisible energy of the gravity stream. No other book on skiing has illuminated the concept of flow with such vivid examples, drawn from two lifetimes devoted to skiing in sync with the mountain. Secrets is about flowing into the zone, be it the athletic performance zone or the Zone of Life. It should be required reading for all students... and their instructors, says the creator of the cutting-edge Clendenin Ski Method (CSM) and 2-time World Freestyle Champion John Clendenin. Whether you're already a master of the mountain or one who aspires to be, Secrets has countless lessons intertwined between its covers. You'll learn the advantages of being early in the turn, of drifting instead of carving and taking what the mountain gives you. Swbird Secrets applies to all skiing, observes the prime mover behind expertskier.com, Peter Keelty, from the local bunny hill to the vast reaches of the Chugash. We believe it to be among the most important skiing books ever written. In our opinion, Secrets is must reading for anyone serious about skiing. Moreover, Secrets is a cracking good read.
- Author(s)Dave Powers,Jackson Hogen
- PublisherCascade Films, Ltd.
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCascade Films, Ltd.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.