All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionWriting with deceptively straightforward language, and finding much of her imagery in the equally deceptive simplicity of nature, Peggy Penn recalls those moments that can shape or shatter our comfortable perspective of life, and she transforms these encounters, finding in them both questions and answers. A late-night scavenging of a raveus bear in -Dancing in the Dark- is about the other as intruder, invoking sexuality and fear.
- Author BiographyPEGGY PENN grew up in Acosta, a mining town in Pennsylvania. Her father was the local doctor whose job it was to rescue miners from disasters. She remembers her father sewing up the miners and the constant wailing of their wives downstairs in her kitchen. Her first voice was the voice of catastrophe. Next was the voice of silence. Her mother had a severe stutter so Peggy learned to speak the unspoken on behalf of her mother. Language became her focus as a child and adult. She was Director of Clinical Training and Education at the Ackerman Institute for the Family from 1985 to 1993 and now directs a project researching the use of language and writing in family therapy. She teaches throughout the U.S. and Europe. She has published twenty-five papers and is working on her second book about the interface between her life and work.
- Author(s)Peggy Penn
- PublisherCavanKerry Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationFort Lee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCavanKerry Press
- Weight204 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.