Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionLibby Feldt treats the reader to a delightful first-person account as a young nurse commissioned in the Army Nurse Corps and deployed in France and Germany during World War II, 1944-1946. We see her commitment begin by taking the oath of office from her father in their Dubuque, Iowa living room, develop at basic training in Colorado, and get honed during the Atlantic Ocean crossing to England. Her unit's orders are to establish the 200th General Hospital in France after its recent liberation from Germany. We follow Libby and her friends through England, France and Germany and hear of their encounters with the Glenn Miller Band, Bob Hope and General Patton. We celebrate Armistice and mourn the ravages of war. Libby Feldt's story is a tribute to the indefatigable spirit of a young nurse.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Czizek Feldt
- Date of Publication11/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.