All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating collection of letters from the great English velist -- and prolific correspondent -- Penelope Fitzgerald. Acclaimed for her exquisitely elegant vels -- including the Booker Prize-winning 'Offshore' -- and superb biographies, Penelope Fitzgerald was one of the finest British authors of the last century. Published here for the first time are her collected letters. An unparalleled record of the life of this greatly admired writer, these letters reveal her most important family relationships and friendships, and paint a clear picture both of herself and of her correspondents. They show us how she managed her own career -- according to her own convictions -- and how determined she was to put her world view across. A fascinating portrait of Penelope Fitzgerald as a mother, as a friend and as a writer, these letters give the same pleasure they gave to those who first opened them. Penelope Fitzgerald was one of the most distinctive voices in British literature. The prize-winning author of nine vels, three biographies and one collection of short stories, she died in 2000.
- Author BiographyPenelope Fitzgerald was one of the most distinctive voices in British literature. The prize-winning author of nine novels, three biographies and one collection of short stories, she died in 2000.
- Author(s)Penelope Fitzgerald
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight407 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byTerence Dooley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.