All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionSo Many Christians, So Few Lions is a provocative look at anti-Christian sentiments in America. Drawing on both quantitative and qualitative research, authors George Yancey and David A. Williamson show that even though (or perhaps because) Christianity is the dominant religion in the United States, bias against Christians also exists-particularly against conservative Christians-and that this bias is worth understanding. The book does t attempt to show the prevalence of anti-Christian sentiments-called Christiaphobia-but rather to document it, to dig into where and how it exists, to explore who harbors these attitudes, and to examine how this bias plays itself out in everyday life. Excerpts from the authors' interviews highlight the fear and hatred that some people harbor towards Christians, especially the Christian right, and the ways these people exhibit elements of bigotry, prejudice, and dehumanization. The authors argue that understanding anti-Christian bias is important for understanding some social dynamics in America, and they offer practical suggestions to help reduce religious intolerance of all kinds.
- Author BiographyGeorge Yancey is professor of sociology at the University of North Texas. He is the author of numerous books, including Compromising Scholarship: Religious and Political Bias in American Higher Education and Dehumanizing Christians: Cultural Competition in a Multicultural World. His teaching and research focus on race and religion. David A. Williamson is associate professor of sociology at the University of North Texas and author with George Yancey of What Motivates Cultural Progressives? And There is No God: Atheists in America. He has taught extensively and conducted research for more than 20 years in the U.S., Israel, and Africa.
- Author(s)David A. Williamson,George Yancey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note8 tables
- Weight440 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.