All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with humor and candor, So, What's a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This? describes the experiences of a young girl working for U. S. Army Special Services in Korea in 1964, eleven years after a war, and VietNam in 1967 during the war. Dr. Davis witnessed the best and worst of human nature. She was the belle of the ball in Korea, but barely escaped a stalker, faced a soldier who broke into her hootch in VietNam, survived routine mortar attacks, chopper flights, and getting kicked out of the 1st Infantry Division. She met generals, political dignitaries and a future president of the Philippines, but her best memories are of the young brave, polite, fun-loving and appreciative soldiers to whom she pays tribute. For them she would do it all again.
- Author BiographyDr. Davis was a Program Director and Headquarters Librarian for U. S. Army Special Services for eight years. She spent a year with the Legislative Reference Service of the U. S. Library of Congress, two years as a bi-lingual or travel-reservation assistant in Stuttgart, Germany and six years as a Realtor Associate. She joined the faculty of Pensacola Junior College where she taught education, college success and internet research. She earned a Doctor of Education Degree in 1990 and retired as the District Department Head in 2008. She and her husband, Charlie live in their dream house he designed and built on East Bay, where they enjoy family get-togethers with their four children, nine grandchildren, one great grandchild, extended family and friends.
- Author(s)Dr Sandra Lockney Davis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.