All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn So You Want to Sing Jazz, singer and professor of voice Jan Shapiro gives a guided tour through the art and science of the jazz vocal style. Throughout, Shapiro hones in on what makes jazz singing distinctive, suggesting along the way how other types of singers can make use of jazz. She looks at such key matters in jazz singing as the role of improvisation, the place of specific singers who influenced and even defined vocal jazz as we kw it today, and the unique way in which jazz incorporates vibrato, conversational delivery, rhythmic phrasing, and melodic embellishment and improvisation.
- Author BiographyJan Shapiro has been on the faculty of Boston's Berklee College of Music for the past 31 years. She is a world -class practitioner of the art of jazz singing. She served as chairwoman in Berklee College's vocal department for over a decade.
- Author(s)Jan Shapiro
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSo You Want to Sing
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white halftones
- Weight326 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.