All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelpful, Accessible Guidance for Budding Hedge Funds So You Want to Start a Hedge Fund provides critical lessons and thoughtful insights to those trying to decipher the industry, as well as those seeking to invest in the next generation of high performers. This book foregoes the sensational, headline-grabbing stories about the few billionaire hedge fund managers to reach the top of the field. Instead, it focuses on the much more common travails of start-ups and small investment firms. The successes and failures of a talented group of competitive managers all highly educated and well trained show what it takes for managers and allocators to succeed. These accounts include lessons on funding, team development, strategy, performance, and allocation. The hedge fund industry is concentrated in the largest funds, and the big funds are getting bigger. In time, some of these funds will t survive their founders and large sums will get reallocated to a broader selection of different managers. This practical guide outlines the allocation process for fledgling funds, and demonstrates how allocators can avoid pitfalls in their investments. So You Want to Start a Hedge Fund also shows how to: * Develop a sound strategy and raise the money you need * Gain a real-world perspective about how allocators think and act * Structure your team and investment process for success * Recognize the patterns of successful start-ups The industry is approaching a significant crossroads. Aggregate growth is slowing and competition is shifting away from industry-wide growth, at the expense of traditional asset classes, to market share capture within the industry. So You Want to Start a Hedge Fund provides guidance for the little funds the potential future leaders of the industry.
- Author BiographyTED SEIDES is the former President and co-CIO at Protege Partners, LLC, a leading alternative investment firm launched in 2002 that invests in small and specialized hedge funds on an arms-length and seed basis. He has authored investment pieces for CFA Institute Conference Proceedings Quarterly, Institutional Investor, Harvard Business School Publishing, FT Alphaville, and the late Peter L. Bernstein's Economics and Portfolio Strategy newsletter.
- Author(s)Ted Seides
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width166 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.