All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a great book, matter what stage of writing you're at! -- The Writer Magazine Here is a must-have for would-be writers. Put this on the shelf right beside Strunk and White. -- Booklist Addresses all the elements of successful writing. -- Tampa Tribune Advice on getting your work published is worth the cost of the book alone. -- St. Petersburg Times A featured selection of the Writer's Digest Book Club; chosen by The Writer Magazine as a Best Book of the Year; compared by the American Library Association to Strunk and White's classic The Elements of Style ; acclaimed by critics, students and teachers and adopted by universities across the country, the unique collaboration between a major American velist and a publisher is back in a revised second edition, bigger and better than ever.The most useful and entertaining writing book on the market, the updated second edition has new exercises and expanded essays, covering every aspect of writing and publishing fiction and memoir: How to begin a piece so that a reader can't put it down How to create compelling characters How professional writers use dialogue How to narrow a strategy for telling the story of your life How to write about painful material without coming off as a victimIncluded are hundreds of insider tips, such as: The seven important things when writing about loved ones The 10 most destructive things writers do What one will tell you about rejection letters FAQs about agents and how much writers really earn What to do if your work is continually rejectedMarge Piercy is a New York Times best-selling velist and memoirist. Ira Wood is a velist and publisher. Their workshops, given nationally, address overcoming the inner and outer barriers to creativity.
- Author BiographyMarge Piercy is the author of 16 novels, including the bestsellers Gone to Soldiers and The Longings of Women and the classic Woman On the Edge of Time, as well as the critically acclaimed memoir, Sleeping With Cats. The author of 16 books of poetry, she is the most anthologized poet of her generation. Her work has been translated into 18 languages. Ira Wood is a publisher as well as the author of two novels The Kitchen Man and Going Public and the co-author (with Marge Piercy) of the erotic thriller Storm Tide. His workshops, given nationwide, emphasize the importance of the writer's craft and overcoming the inner and outer barriers to creativity.
- Author(s)Ira Wood,Professor Marge Piercy
- PublisherLeapfrog Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeapfrog Press
- Weight445 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.