All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionEver wanted to write or illustrate a children's book and have idea where to begin or where to seek publication? This handbook for new and aspiring children's authors and illustrators is the ultimate guide to the whole process of writing your book and getting it to the publisher. Written in clear and expert prose by Peter Carver, one of North America's leading children's book editors, this book will show you how to begin, how to develop the story, how to speak to your audience, and how to refine the work for publication. Peter does t beat around the bush: Writing a children's book is hard but rewarding work that requires the kinds of skill and dedication you can develop from the wisdom and guidance found in these pages. It includes: How to get started Writing for your audience Producing the manuscript Fiction, nfiction, poetry, drama How illustrators get hired Illustrating picture books and nfiction Planning your portfolio Kwing fiction and nfiction, trade or education markets Should you get an agent? Submitting for publication Self publication Contracts Copyright How a publishing house works Lists of writers' resources and associations And much more.
- Author BiographyPeter Carver is a veteran children's book editor and recipient of the International Board on Books for Young people (IBBY) Claude Aubry Award for Distinguished Service in the Field of Children's Literature. Through his renowned workshops and retreats he has mentored hundreds of new and veteran authors, including dozens of national and international award winners whose books have been published in dozens of languages.
- Author(s)Peter Carver
- PublisherRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.