All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis excellent primer and classic work on the topic of soap bubbles and films employs simple experiments to establish a practical basis for the existence and function of surface tension and energy minimization. Experiments require only soap, straws, and bits of rubber to impart profound fundamental concepts related to fluids. 83 illustrations. 1911 edition.
- Author BiographySir Charles Vernon Boys (1855-1944), a British physicist known for his innovative experiments, served as a Professor at the Imperial College of London from 1889-97. He was the first to write about soap bubbles from a scientific point of view, and he remains a folk hero to recreational math and science enthusiasts.
- Author(s)C.V. Boys
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/1990
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Note83 illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.