All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do England lose? Why does Scotland suck? Why doesn't America dominate the sport internationally ...and why do the Germans play with such an efficient but robotic style? These are questions every soccer aficionado has asked. Soccermics answers them. Using insights and analogies from ecomics, statistics, psychology, and business to cast a new and entertaining light on how the game works, Soccermics reveals the often surprisingly counterintuitive truths about soccer. An essential guide for the 2010 World Cup, Soccermics is a new way of looking at the world's most popular game.
- Author Biography<b>Simon Kuper</b> is one of the world's leading writers on soccer. His book <i>Soccer Against the Enemy</i> won the William Hill Prize for sports book of the year in Britain. He writes a weekly sports column in the <i>Financial Times</i>. He lives in Paris.<b>Stefan Szymanski</b> is professor of economics and MBA Dean at Cass Business School in London. Tim Harford has called him one of the world's leading sports economists. Szymanski lives in London.
- Author(s)Simon Kuper,Stefan Szymanski
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNation Books
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.