Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionBy making explicit linkages both to social work practice and to the history of management thought, covering the rapidly expanding field of nprofit studies, and incorporating management approaches from Henri Fayol's principles to Total Quality Management, this pioneering work grounds the practice of social administration in the profession of social work and agency-based practice better than any text presently available. The book also addresses ways in which the strategic vision of social administrators can be used to build humane and lasting welfare institutions, further social justice, and confront oppression. To accomplish this task, the authors blend several perspectives: social administration as management, as a form of social work practice emphasizing professional and community leadership, as decision making influenced by values and ethics and as institution building. Divided into an introduction, an afterword, and twenty-five topical chapters, Social Administration discusses issues of executive and program leadership as well as such environmental concerns as community, social agency, and a range of special topics, including accountability, ethics, contracting, and working with boards.
- Author BiographyRoger A. Lohmann is professor of social work and chair of the nonprofit studies committee at West Virginia University. He is editor of Nonprofit Management and Leadership and the author of Breaking Even: Financial Management in the Financial Services and The Commons: New Perspectives on Nonprofit Organization and Voluntary Action, which won the 1993 outstanding book award by the National Society of Fund Raising Executives.Nancy Lohmann is professor of social work and Senior Advisor to the Provost at West Virginia University. Other administrative positions that she has held at West Virginia University include Dean of the School of Social Work, Assistant Vice President for Faculty Development, and Senior Associate Provost for Academic Affairs. She has served on the CSWE Accreditation Commission and Board of Directors and is co-editor of Transitions of Aging.
- Author(s)Nancy L. Lohman Lohman,Nancy L. Lohmann,Roger A. Lohmann
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleFoundations of Social Work Knowledge Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight953 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.