All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionHighly Commended in the Psychiatry category at the 2010 BMA Medical Books Awards! This book serves as a manual for clinicians working with people with alcohol problems. The manual is based on previous research in addiction treatment, including family and social network interventions, as well the authors' own work developing and evaluating Social Behaviour and Network Therapy (SBNT) for example in the United Kingdom Alcohol Treatment Trial (UKATT). Containing a range of ideas the book is guided by a key principle: the development of social support for a positive change in drinking behaviour. Divided into three sections topics include: * an introduction to the evidence base underpinning SBNT * core components of the treatment * common questions asked about the intervention. Featuring a series of practical handouts, this book will be essential reading for clinicians, counsellors, nurses, psychologists and all those involved in the treatment of alcohol misuse and dependence.
- Author BiographyAlex Copello is Professor of Addiction Research at the University of Birmingham and Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust. Jim Orford is Emeritus Professor of Clinical and Community Psychology at the University of Birmingham. Ray Hodgson is Director of the Alcohol Education and Research Council. Gillian Tober is Honorary Consultant in Addiction Psychology, Head of Training and Clinical Services Manager at the Leeds Addiction Unit.
- Author(s)Alex Copello,Gillian Tober,Jim Orford,Ray Hodgson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.