All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $133.26Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edited collection illustrates the paradoxical power of social capital in creating and resolving conflict. This is the first book to bring the two faces of social capital together in a single volume, and includes previously unpublished case studies, statistical analyses, and theoretical essays. The book is divided into three sections. The first investigates the role of social capital in inciting and/or furthering violence; the second examines the contributions of social capital to peace building; the third explores the complexities and ambiguities of roles social capital may play in peace and conflict. Policy implications and recommendations are included in many of the discussions in the chapters. The volume tackles some key issues, such as: to what extent is social capital related to peace and conflict? What forms does social capital take in these associations, and how can the relationships be explained? What impact does this have on the state and/or state relations, and what policy prescriptions might be made in light of the link drawn between social capital and peace/conflict? .
- Author BiographyMichaelene Cox is Assistant Professor in the Department of Politics and Government at Illinois State University where she also serves as director of the Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies program.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMichaelene D. Cox
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.