All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Cognition brings together diverse and timely writings that highlight cutting-edge research and theories on the development of social cognition and social behavior across species and the life span. The volume is organized according to two central themes that address issues of continuity and change both at the phylogenetic and the ontogenetic level. First, the book addresses to what extent social cognitive abilities and behaviors are shared across species, versus abilities and capacities that are uniquely human. Second, it covers to what extent social cognitive abilities and behaviors are continuous across periods of development within and across the life span, versus their change with age. This volume offers a fresh perspective on social cognition and behavior, and shows the value of bringing together different disciplines to illuminate our understanding of the origins, mechanisms, functions, and development of the many capacities that have evolved to facilitate and regulate a wide variety of behaviors fine-tuned to group living.
- Author BiographyJessica A. Sommerville, Ph.D, is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Washington. She is the Associate Director of the Child and Family Well-being Center, and Director of the Early Childhood Cognition Lab. Jean Decety, Ph.D, is the Irving B. Harris Distinguished Service Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Chicago and the College, and the Director of the Child NeuroSuite.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleFrontiers of Developmental Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJean Decety,Jessica Sommerville
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.