All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, in hor of David Messick, is about social decisions and the role cooperation plays in social life. Noted contributors who worked with Dave over the years will discuss their work in social judgment, decision making and ethics which was so important to Dave. The book offers a unique and valuable contribution to the fields of social psychology and organizational behavior. Ethical decision making, a central focus of this volume, is highly relevant to current scholarship and research in both disciplines. The volume will be suitable for graduate level courses in organizational behavior, social psychology, business ethics, and sociology.
- Author BiographyRoderick Kramer is the William R. Kimball Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Stanford Business School. Kramer is the author or co-author of more than one-hundred scholarly articles. His work has appeared in leading academic journals, such as Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Administrative Science Quarterly, and the Academy of Management Journal, as well as popular magazines such as the Harvard Business Review. He is the author or co-author of numerous books, including Negotiation in Social Contexts, The Psychology of the Social Self, Trust in Organizations: Frontiers of Theory and Research, Power and Influence in Organizations, Psychology of Leadership, Trust and Distrust Within Organizations and Trust and Distrust: Progress and promise in theory and research. Ann E. Tenbrunsel (Ph.D., Northwestern University; M.B.A. Northwestern University; B.S.I.O.E. University of Michigan) is a professor in the College of Business Administration at the University of Notre Dame and the Arthur F. and Mary J. O'Neil Codirector of the Institute for Ethical Business Worldwide. Her research interests focus on decision making and negotiations, with a specific emphasis on ethics. Ann has published in these areas in refereed journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology and Organization Behavior and Human Decision Processes. She is also the author of coauthor of several books on these topics: Codes of Conduct: Behavioral Research, into Business Ethics, Environment, Ethics, and Behavior and Research on Managing Groups and Teams:Ethics. Prior to entering academics, Ann worked as a sales force and marketing consultant for ZS Associates and as a sales support analyst and engineer for S.C. Johnson and Son. Max Bazerman is the Jesse Isidor Straus Professor at the Harvard Business School, and is formally affiliated with the Harvard Kennedy School, the Psychology Department, and the Program on Negotiation at Harvard. He is the co-author of Negotiation Genius (2007, with Deepak Malhotra) and Judgment in Managerial Decision Making (7th edition, 2008, with Don A. Moore). From 2002-2008, Max was consistently named one of the top 40 authors, speakers, and teachers of management by Executive Excellence. While at Kellogg, he was 'Teacher of the Year' by the Executive Masters Program of the Kellogg School. In 2003, Max received the Everett Mendelsohn Excellence in Mentoring Award from Harvard University's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. In 2006, Max received an honorary doctorate from the University of London (London Business School), the Kulp-Wright Book Award from the American Risk and Insurance Association for Predictable Surprises (with Michael Watkins), and the Life Achievement Award from the Aspen Institute's Business and Society Program. In 2008, Max received the Distinguished Educator Award from the Academy of Management.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOrganization and Management Series
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnn E. Tenbrunsel,Max H. Bazerman,Roderick M. Kramer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.