All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines how techlogy and online media shape social interaction. Social Interaction and Techlogy explores how techlogy mediates social interaction. The focal point of analysis and discussion is online communication. Using conversation analysis and ethmethodology, the book identifies and explicates key social and interactional issues in voice-based and text-based chat rooms, emails, social networking websites, and mobile telephony. Facebook, Youtube, FaceTime and other popular forms of communication are also discussed. Divided into three sections - survey, analysis, application - this is an ideal resource for postgraduate students of computer-mediated communication (CMC) or applied linguistics. It examines popular forms of online communication from a conversation analytic and ethmethodological perspective. It provides transcript-based analyses and discussions of popular forms of online communication. It offers in-depth commentaries of data extracts and provides suggestions for further research. It discusses the practical implications and applications of studying online communication.
- Author BiographyChristopher Jenks is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics, City University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Christopher Jenks
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Social Interaction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.