All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book answers key questions regarding social justice in education. Its central theme is how the education system, through its organization and practices, is implicated in the realisation of just or unjust social outcomes. In particular, the writers examine the ways in which the identities of individuals and groups are formed and transformed in schools, colleges and universities. The book contains examples drawn from early years through to higher education. It has a dual focus, addressing: * theoretical debates in social justice, including how the concept of social justice can be understood, and theoretical issues around social capital, and class and gender reproduction * the formation of learner identities focusing on how these are differentiated by class, ethnicity, gender, sexuality and (dis)ability. Carol Vincent has assembled a wide-ranging collection of lucidly argued essays by a panel of internationally respected contributors. The authors draw on their current and recent research to inform their writing and so theory is balanced with extensive empirical evidence. Therefore the debates continued here have implications for policy and practice, as well as being theoretically and analytically rich. This book will provide unrivalled coverage of the subject for researchers, academics, practitioners and policymakers in education.
- Author BiographyCarol Vincent is Senior Lecturer in Education Policy at the University of London's Institute of Education.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCarol Vincent
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.