All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kwledge and tools do pre- and in-service educators need to teach for and about social justice across the curriculum in K-12 classrooms? This compelling text synthesizes in one volume historical foundations, philosophic/theoretical conceptualizations, and applications of social justice education in public school classrooms. * Part one details the history of the multicultural movement and the instantiation of public schooling as a social justice project. * Part two connects theoretical frameworks to social justice curricula. Parts I and II are general to all K-12 classrooms. * Part three provides powerful specific subject-area examples of good practice, including English as a Second Language and Special/ Exceptional Education Social Justice Pedagogy Across the Curriculum includes highlighted 'Points of Inquiry' and 'Points of Praxi's sections offering recommendations to teachers and researchers and activities, resources, and suggested readings. These features invite teachers at all stages of their careers to reflect on the role of social justice in education, particularly as it relates to their particular classrooms, schools, and communities. Relevant for any course that addresses history, theory, or practice of multicultural/social justice education, this text is ideal for classes that are t subject-level specific and serve a host of students from various backgrounds.
- Author BiographyThandeka K. Chapman is Associate Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. Nikola Hobbel is Associate Professor of English Education, Humboldt State University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLanguage, Culture, and Teaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNikola Hobbel,Thandeka K. Chapman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.