All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $24.56Trending at AU $25.10
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAs a field in its own right, Mirity Language Media studies is developing fast. The recent techlogical and social developments that have accelerated media convergence and opened new ways of access and exchange into spaces formerly controlled by media institutions, offer new opportunities, challenges and dangers to mirity languages, and especially to their already established media institutions. This book includes debates on what convergence and participation actually mean, a series of case studies of specific social media developments in mirity language, as well as comparative studies on how the cultural industries have engaged with the new possibilities brought about by media convergence. Finally, the book also offers a historical review of the development of Mirity Language Media worldwide, and evidences the areas in which more extensive research is required.
- Author BiographyElin Haf Gruffydd Jones is Senior Lecturer in Media and Creative Industries and Director of the Mercator Institute for Media, Languages and Culture at the Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies at Aberystwyth University. She has been working in the field of Minority Language Media Studies for over twenty years and has published widely on matters of language and media. Enrique Uribe-Jongbloed is an assistant professor at the Faculty of Communication at Universidad de La Sabana, and the director of the Audiovisual Culture research group. He has been involved in various Minority Language Media studies endeavours since he joined the Mercator Media Network in 2007.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- Series TitleMultilingual Matters
- Series Part/Volume Number152
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width150 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byElin Haf Gruffydd Jones,Enrique Uribe-Jongbloed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.