All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionSocial media is playing a growing role within public administration, and with it, there is an increasing need to understand the connection between social media research and what actually takes place in government agencies. Most of the existing books on the topic are scholarly in nature, often leaving out the vital theory-practice connection. This book joins theory with practice within the public sector, and explains how the effectiveness of social media can be maximized. The chapters are written by leading practitioners and span topics like how to manage employee use of social media sites, how emergency managers reach the public during a crisis situation, applying public record management methods to social media efforts, how to create a social media brand, how social media can help meet government objectives such as transparency while juggling privacy laws, and much more. For each topic, a collection of practitioner insights regarding the best practices and tools they have discovered are included. Social Media for Government responds to calls within the overall public administration discipline to enhance the theory-practice connection, giving practitioners space to tell academics what is happening in the field in order to encourage further meaningful research into social media use within government.
- Author BiographyStaci M. Zavattaro is an associate professor of public administration at the University of Central Florida, USA. Thomas A. Bryer is an associate professor and director of the Center for Public and Nonprofit Management at the University of Central Florida, USA. He is also Fulbright Core Scholar from 2015-2017 at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/03/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byStaci M. Zavattaro,Thomas A. Bryer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.