Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionSocial movements have shown themselves to be one of the most dramatic and effective forms of political action. America, founded as the result of a challenge to one kind of political order, has been, in part, recreated as a result of movements of collective protest. Social movements continue to arise in America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. In the present age, when such social movements abound, it is crucial to investigate the theoretical similarities and underpinnings of older and current collective protests. With chapters on AIDS, the Iranian revolution, the New Left, environmentalism, and many other subjects, as well as essays delineating classical and contemporary theories, Social Movements provides a well-rounded and provocative perspective on this most compelling form of political expression.
- Author BiographyStandford M. Lyman is Robert J. Morrow Eminent Scholar and Professor of Social Science at Florida Atlantic University. He is the author and editor of numerous books, including The Seven Deadly Sins: Society and Evil; Civilization: Discontents, Malcontents, and Other Essays in Social Theory; and Militarism, Imperialism and Racial Accomodation: An Analysis and Interpretation of the Early Writings of Robert E. Park.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleMain Trends of the Modern World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byStanford M. Lyman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.