All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era of dramatic environmental change, social change is desperately needed to curb burgeoning consumption. Many calls to action have focused on individual behaviour or techlogical invation, with relative silence from the social sciences on other modes and methods of intervening in social life. This book shows how we can go beyond behaviour change in the pursuit of sustainability. Inspired by the 'practice turn' in consumption studies, this interdisciplinary book looks through the lens of social practice theory to explore important and timely questions about how to intervene in social life. It discusses a range of applied sustainability topics including energy consumption, housing provision, water demand, transport, climate change, curbside recycling and smart grids, seeking to redefine what intervention is, how it happens, and who or what can intervene to address the growing list of environmental calamities facing contemporary societies. These issues are explored through a range of specific case studies from Australia, the UK and the US, providing theoretical insights that are of international relevance. The book will be of interest to researchers and students in the fields of sociology, consumption studies, environmental studies, geography, and science and techlogy studies, as well as policy makers and practitioners seeking to intervene in social life for sustainability.
- Author BiographyYolande Strengers is a Senior Lecturer at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia and co-leader of the Beyond Behaviour Change Research Program in the Centre for Urban Research. Cecily Maller is a Senior Research Fellow at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia and co-leader of the Beyond Behaviour Change Research Program in the Centre for Urban Research.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Sustainability
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCecily Maller,Yolande Strengers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.