All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Reach examines the identity of global leadership and the impact it has on global governance. Realism focuses on strategic interests; idealism focuses on rms and values. However, the 'either my interest or my value' approach toward international relations is t compatible with the identity of a global leader. The essence of international relations is 'relationship,' instead of interest or values. Tian-jia Dong proposes a connectivist perspective, which focuses on full-fledged connections through functional instrumentation and relational inclusion. Three logics-the logic of conquest, the logic of interdependence, and the logic of togetherness-are highlighted as the driving forces behind the dynamics of international relationship. Dong further illustrates two new concepts, 'connective authority' and 'connective democracy' as the guiding principles of global leadership and global governance.
- Author BiographyTian-jia Dong(Ph.D. Boston College) is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology and Social Work at Westfield State College.
- Author(s)Tian-jia Dong
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication08/07/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.