All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNicholas Walliman is the supervisor in your students' pockets, making sure they understand all the essential methods for successfully carrying out a research project and negotiating the challenges and pitfalls. In this book, he: * Takes students step-by-step through the research process * Helps them formulate clear aims and objectives * Explains all the vocabulary to understand the A - Z of research methods * Ends each chapter with a reading guide for taking learning further with more resources to help get a deeper understanding of the issues discussed * Improves research reports with practical advice on presenting findings in great tables, graphs and diagrams * Opens his office door with reflective questions (and answers) * Delivers the confidence to get started and get finished! Social Research Methods: The Essentials is the perfect starting point and guide for your students' research project.
- Author BiographyNicholas Walliman is a qualified architect and Senior Lecturer in the School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University and a researcher associate in the Oxford Institute for Sustainable Development. After many years of practice in architecture in the UK and abroad, he returned to academic life to do his PhD. This experience raised his interest in research theory and methods, and he was subsequently asked by the university to write a distance learning course to guide postgraduate students embarking on research degrees. This course provided the raw material and incentive for writing this book. He has subsequently published several other books on research theory and methods for students and practitioners at various levels of expertise. He is currently conducting research with a team of architects and environmental scientists as part of the Oxford Brookes Institute for Sustainable Development. They are engaged in nationally and internationally funded projects on a range of aspects of building technology, such as energy saving building envelope design, mitigation of the effects of floods on buildings and advanced construction methods. He has published numerous research papers on aspects of architectural technology. He is also supervising several PhD and Masters students. Despite this emphasis on science and technology, his work with research students covers many other aspects of architecture and its relationship to society, such as vernacular architecture, the effects of westernisation, architectural education, conservation, administration and sustainable design.
- Author(s)Nicholas Walliman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.