All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionMario Bunge, author of the monumental Treatise on Basic Philosophy, is widely rewned as a philosopher of science. In this new and ambitious work he shifts his attention to the social sciences and the social techlogies. He considers a number of disciplines, including anthropology, sociology, ecomics, political science, law, history, and management science. Bunge contends that social science research has fallen prey to a postmodern fascination with irrationalism and relativism. He urges social scientists to re-examine the philosophy and the methodology at the base of their discipline. Bunge calls for objective and relevant fact-finding, rigorous theorizing, and empirical testing, as well as morally sensitive and socially responsible policy design.
- Author BiographyMario Bunge is the Frothingham Professor of Logic and Metaphysics in the Department of Philosophy at McGill University.
- Author(s)Mario Bunge
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication16/11/1999
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note18 line illustrations, 2 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.