All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionRecognizing that today's students live in a world characterized by a growing diversity and richness of social differences, authors Chava Frankfort-Nachmias and Anna Leon-Guerrero help students to learn key sociological concepts through real research examples related to the dynamic interplay of race, class, gender and other social variables. In addition, guides for reading and interpreting the research literature help students understand key concepts, while SPSS demonstrations and a rich variety of exercises help them hone their problem-solving skills.
- Author BiographyChava Frankfort-Nachmias is an Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She is the coauthor of Research Methods in the Social Sciences (with David Nachmias), coeditor of Sappho in the Holy Land (with Erella Shadmi) and numerous publications on ethnicity and development, urban revitalization, science and gender, and women in Israel. She was the recipient of the University of Wisconsin System teaching improvement grant on integrating race, ethnicity, and gender into the social statistics and research methods curriculum. She is also the coauthor (with Anna Leon-Guerrero) of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society. Anna Leon-Guerrero is a professor of sociology at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington. A recipient of the university's Faculty Excellence Award and the K. T. Tang Award for Excellence in Research, she teaches courses on statistics, sociological theory, and social problems. As a social service program evaluator and consultant, she has focused her research on welfare reform, employment strategies for the working poor, and program assessment. She is the coauthor of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society and Essentials of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society (with Chava Frankfort-Nachmias).
- Author(s)Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero,Chava Frankfort-Nachmias
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2017
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight953 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.