Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe 8th edition of Social Stratification and Inequality continues to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date exploration of the ecomic and social divisions in human societies. Extensive comparative information, as well as an overview of how social stratification has changed and evolved over time, gives readers a global perspective on class conflict. Praised for its thorough research and scholarship, Social Stratification and Inequality includes current statistics and the latest trends in the field.
- Author BiographyHarold R. Kerbo is a professor of sociology at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Professor Kerbo is also the founder and Director of the Pacific Rim Group at Cal Poly, an organization which coordinates research and educational programs in Pacific Rim countries. In addition to other teaching experience in Tokyo, Professor Kerbo was a Fulbright Professor during 1988/1989 at Hiroshima University, as well as a visiting professor in the Law Faculty at Hiroshima Shudo University. During 1991, Professor Kerbo was a visiting professor at the University of Duisburg, Germany, and returned to the Dusseldorf area during 1992 and 1993 as a research professor conducting research on employee relations in Japanese corporations located in Germany. In 1990 Professor Kerbo received a Fulbright-Hays grant to study at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand, and for several months during 1994 to 1996 directed a research project on employee relations in American and Japanese corporations with operations in Thailand. During 1996 he was also a visiting professor in the MBA Program at the Prince of Songkla University in Thailand. During the winter term of 1999 professor Kerbo was a visiting professor at the University of Zurich, Switzerland. And during the fall term of 1999 he will be a visiting professor at the University of Wales. Professor Kerbo has published five books and numerous articles on the subjects of social stratification, comparative societies, corporate structure, and modern Japan. He is the author of Sociology: Social Structure and Social Conflict (MacMillan, 1989), and along with John A. McKinstry, the author of Who Rules Japan?: The Inner-Circles of Economic and Political Power (Greenwood/Praeger, 1995). Professor Kerbo is creator and general editor of the McGraw-Hill Comparative Societies Series which will include books on 12 countries.
- Author(s)Harold R. Kerbo
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight768 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.