All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeoliberalism has pushed capitalism to its limits, while people have voice. John Asimakopoulos addresses the problem with a theory to practice model that reconciles Marxism, with its diverse radical currents, and democratic theory. He develops a political ecomy of structural equality in large-scale society making strong empirical arguments for radical transformation. Asimakopoulos shows that an egalitarian society leads to greater invation, sustainable ecomic growth and positive social benefits in contrast to ecomies based on individualism and competition.
- Author BiographyJohn Asimakopoulos, Ph.D., is Full Professor of Sociology at the City University of New York and executive director of the Transformative Studies Institute (TSI), an educational think tank. He has advanced degrees in and has taught sociology, political science, and economics resulting in a unique interdisciplinary perspective. Asimakopoulos is author of Revolt! and The Accumulation of Freedom. He has published many journal articles, book chapters, and is editor in chief of Theory in Action, an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal focusing on scholar-activism.
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Critical Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight321 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohn Asimakopoulos
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.