All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Studies Today: Research and Practice inspires educators to think freshly and kwingly about social studies education in the early years of the twenty first century. Written by the field's leading scholars, this collection provokes readers to consider the relationship of research and practice as they think through some of the most interesting challenges that animate social studies education today. Contributors to this volume include luminaries like James Banks, Carole Hahn, Keith Barton, Geneva Gay, Steve Thornton, Linda Levstik, Sam Wineburg, Fred Newmann and more. Each chapter tackles a specific issue and includes discussion of topics such as teaching history, learning tolerance, assessment, globalization, children's literature, culturally relevant pedagogy, and teaching about gecide. Walter Parker t only pulled these chapters together but also contributes two of his own---both of which are sure to be cited as key works of this era. Accessible, compelling, and full of rich examples and illustrations, this collection showcases some of the most original thinking in the field and offers pre- and in-service teachers alike new ways to improve social studies instruction.
- Author BiographyWalter C. Parker is Professor and Chair of Social Studies Education and (by courtesy) Professor of Political Science at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date22/11/2016
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byWalter C. Parker
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.