All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionNon-Invasive Imaging of Atherosclerosis is a primer, reference and review of some of the key features of current activities in the field of atherosclerosis. The Editors' goal is to provide material and stimulating ideas to basic scientists and clinical researchers in order to extend the application of vascular imaging and to further develop methods suitable for investigation of the arterial wall. The first section presents current kwledge about pathology, vascular mechanics and compensatory mechanisms active during atherogenesis. It explores the early lesion, complications of plaques and early detection of plaques. Section II reviews several key methodological issues of B-mode ultrasound imaging and some of the most current data. Quantitative B-mode ultrasound is an established n-invasive tool widely used in large epidemiologic studies and interventional clinical trials of atherosclerosis. The last section addresses the most promising areas of development in vascular imaging. This involves new techniques to evaluate the atherosclerotic bed, to follow atheroma progression/regression and to evaluate vascular mechanics in atherosclerotic arteries. The last chapter places the application of n-invasive imaging in perspective.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number199
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight379 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid D. McPherson,Hisham Bassiouny,Karl A. Fox,Michele Mercuri,Seymour Glagov
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.