Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionThe assumption that Member States of the European Union enjoyed exclusive competence over social provision has been shaken by the realisation that they are w semi-sovereign welfare states whose policy choices are subject to increasing scrutiny under Community law. This book seeks to take stock of how Community membership is reshaping the legal environment of welfare provision across Europe. Topics covered include: the evolving ecomic and governance debates about Community intervention in social rights; the relationship between public services and Community competition and state aids law; the crucial developments which have taken place in the sphere of health care; and recent judgments on free movement and equal treatment for Union citizens as regards national education and social assistance policies. Social Welfare and EU Law provides a valuable collection of essays overall exploring the emergence of new models of social solidarity within the European Union.
- Author BiographyMichael Dougan is Professor of European Law at the University of Liverpool. Eleanor Spaventa is Professor of European Law at Durham University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/07/2005
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleEssays in European Law
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight587 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEleanor Spaventa,Michael Dougan
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.