All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Work: From Theory to Practice uses an integrated approach to explore a variety of social theories through social work's unique interpretative lens. Systems, psychodynamic and person-centred theories, and cognitive-behavioural, narrative and strengths-based practices are specifically addressed, and students are shown how to apply these in human service settings. These theories are supported by case studies written by experienced practitioners, providing an in-depth exploration of the use of theory in practice. This second edition includes new material on mindfulness, and mind, body and spirit social work, as well as enhanced content relating to Indigeus social work. Social Work: From Theory to Practice is an accessible and engaging text that clearly explains the theories that underpin social work in practice.
- Author BiographyMarie Connolly is Professor and Head of Social Work at the University of Melbourne. Louise Harms is Associate Professor and Deputy Head of Social Work at the University of Melbourne.
- Author(s)Louise Harms,Marie Connolly
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.