All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong regarded as the standard text for classroom use and an invaluable reference for agency administrators, social work supervisors, line clinicians, and private practitioners, Social Work Malpractice and Liability has w been updated to include new material on the revised NASW Code of Ethics, recent court decisions related to social work malpractice and liability, boundary issues and dual relationships, and how social workers can conduct an ethics audit in the workplace. After introducing the concepts of negligence, malpractice, and liability, Frederic Reamer turns to the subject of risk management. Using recent cases, he describes a wide variety of problems related to privacy and confidentiality, improper treatment and delivery of services, impaired practitioners, supervision, consultation and referral, fraud and deception, and termination of service, concluding with practical suggestions for social workers named as defendants in lawsuits.
- Author BiographyFrederic G. Reamer is professor of social work at Rhode Island College. A recipient of the Council on Social Work Education's award for distinguished contributions in social work, he is the author of ten books published by Columbia.
- Author(s)Frederic G. Reamer
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight590 g
- Width174 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.