All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis bestselling book takes the student step-by-step through the core processes of social work. It introduces four essential elements (assessment, planning intervention and review) in a clear manner, and is structured in a chrological way that is easy to understand yet holistic in approach. The authors use Assessment as a lynchpin for the book and use various assessment tools (some of which they have developed themselves) to illustrate the links between theory and practice. An essential introduction to the fundamental principles of social work practice, this title has been fully-revised to link directly to the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Work. Key updates: * New Material on Personalisation Agenda * Greater emphasis on social work in the community * More research material on working with children * Updated case studies throughout Part of the Transforming Social Work Practice series. All books in the series are affordable, mapped to the Social Work Curriculum, practical with clear links between theory & practice and written to the Professional Capabilities Framework.
- Author BiographyDr. Jonathan Parker is Professor of Society and Social Welfare and Director of the Centre for Social Work, Sociology and Social Policy at Bournemouth University. He is Visiting Professor at the Tasik Chini Research Centre Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia and Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. He was one of the founders and director of the Family Assessment and Support Unit, a placement agency attached to the University of Hull, and Head of Department of Social Work. He was Chair of the Association of Teachers in Social Work Education until 2005, Vice Chair of the UK higher education representative body, the Joint University Council for Social Work Education from 2005- 2010, and is a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences, Fellow of the Joint University Council, and Fellow of the Royal Anthropological Institute. Jonathan has published widely on disadvantage, marginalization and violence, Southeast Asia, religion, social work education, and theory for practice. He is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Practice Teaching & Learning; joint editor-in-chief of Social Policy & Social Work in Transition, and series editor of the highly successful SAGE series, Transforming Social Work Practice. @parkerj1960 Blog: http://profjonathanparker.wordpress.com Journal of Practice Teaching and Learning: http://www.whitingbirch.net/cgi-bin/scribe?showinfo=ip008;from=ig01 Transforming Social Work Practice: http://www.learningmatters.co.uk/social/index.asp Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jonathan-Parker/e/B001HQ4G4C/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0 Staff Profile: http://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/parkerj Greta Bradley is a former Senior Lecturer in Social Work at the University of York. Her academic interests are in community care and workforce studies in social work. Her most recent research is on aspects of sustainable practice in social work. She is a former of 'Practice'.
- Author(s)Greta Bradley,Jonathan Parker
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.