All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionSociety at large tends to marginalize homosexuality even though men who have sex with men have always existed within it. This book is a significant contribution in the endeavour to understand this segment of society and its concerns. Employing a blend of qualitative and quantitative methods, Sherry Joseph analyses the extensive data collected through formal networks of such people in Kolkata, and places them in a socio-ecological perspective. He shows how the lives of men who have sex with men are very stressful in their efforts to fit into an environment that is predominantly homophobic, heterosexist, heterocentrist and where heterosexuality is the prescribed rm. The book argues that understanding the stress that men who have sex with men experience and their coping strategies will assist sympathetic groups and professionals to work with this community.
- Author BiographySherry Joseph is Programme Manager (HIV/AIDS) at Futures Group, New Delhi. He has earlier taught at the Department of Social Work, Visva Bharati, and at the Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi. He has also been Consultant to DFID for its Sexual Health Resource Centre and for Family Health International. Besides various papers and articles in journals and newspapers, Dr Joseph has previously published Social Work in the Third Millennium: Some Concerns and Challenges (2000) and Fisherman: Their Social and Economic Development (2003). He was the Indian editor for Bisexual Resource Guide (2000, 2001 & 2002).
- Author(s)Sherry Joseph
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/06/2005
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.