Social Work Practice in Community - Based Health Care by Goldie Kadushin, Marcia Egan (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionMake sure your practice skills are up-to-date with the changes brought on by managed care As a result of escalating costs, the focus of health care in the United States has shifted from inpatient, hospital-based care to outpatient care in the community. Social Work Practice in Community-Based Health Care is a comprehensive guide to the kwledge and skills needed to provide effective and efficient practice within a managed-care context that's focused on a diversified, aging consumer population and high-risk health conditions. This unique book examines the essential elements of community health practice, including logic modeling for planning and evaluation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the use of techlogy and telemedicine in social work practice. Social Work Practice in Community-Based Health Care presents practical information for social workers in the wake of the insertion of managed care as a third party to the relationship between physicians and their patients, and advances in medical care that are transforming previously acute and life-threatening illnesses to chronic conditions. The book offers a critical analysis of available research and model service delivery invations, applying evidence-based practice to case studies in a style that's easily accessible to practitioners, administrators, supervisors, and social work students. The book also includes glossaries at the end of each chapter and appendices that analyze online resources and address cultural background assessment questions. Topics discussed in Social Work Practice in Community-Based Health Care include: * the revolution in funding and delivery * evolving trends and healthcare needs of the consumer population * a conceptual framework for culturally competent practice * the nature of social work in ambulatory health * a brief history of healthcare social work * emerging practice settings * the use of new communication techlogies in practice * methods for evaluating direct practice * ethical considerations * current community-based programs for culturally diverse and at-risk populations * and much moreSocial Work Practice in Community-Based Health Care is an important resource for social work practitioners, academics, and students.
- Author(s)Goldie Kadushin,Marcia Egan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.