Social Work Theories in Action by Mary Nash, Kieran O'Donoghue, Robyn Munford (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.78Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis wide-ranging collection of essays offers valuable insights into the cultural issues involved in the practical application of social work theories. Leading contributors explore the challenges faced by indigeus populations and ethnic mirity groups, examining how they can gain control over their position as mirity populations, and offering valuable guidance on cross-cultural work. The direct implementation of four established theoretical approaches - ecological systems, community development, strengths-based approaches and attachment theories - is shown in a variety of contexts, including mental health care, trauma counselling and child protection. Using community development work in Australia and New Zealand as a case study, the contributors also advocate using these approaches in work with migrants and refugees. Social Work Theories in Action recognizes the importance of drawing on the strengths of families, individuals and communities and offers theoretical perspectives that can be applied in everyday work situations. It is essential reading for social and community workers, mental health professionals and social work students.
- Author BiographyMary Nash is a Senior Lecturer in Social Work at Massey University in New Zealand. She is co-editor of Spirituality and Social Care, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, and has published on social work fields of practice, social work history, and feminism and spirituality. Robyn Munford is Head of the School of Sociology, Social Work and Social Policy at Massey University. She has published widely on social and community work and disability studies, and her research on families has gained international recognition. Kieran O'Donoghue is a Lecturer in Social Work at Massey University, currently doing doctoral level research into supervision. He has worked in probation and community mental health services, and was Programme Coordinator for the Diploma of Social Work at the Waikato Institute of Technology, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Kieran O'Donoghue,Mary Nash,Robyn Munford
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, diagrams
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byJim Ife
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.