All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book enables those already practicing or joining social work to consider the various ways that people can be supported to live well with dementia. Areas focused on include how the personalisation agenda is changing services through self-directed support, re-enablement and telecare, how risk can be managed while choice and independence are maintained, and how safeguarding of people with dementia can be positively practiced. The authors present information on essential new developments in the field of dementia care including changes in legislation and Government policy as well as providing examples of positive practice from around the country.
- Author BiographyDavid Cooper Moore is a filmmaker and media literacy educator based in Philadelphia. He is currently the Program Director of Powerful Voices for Kids, a university-school partnership model from the Media Education Lab at the University of Rhode Island and a board member of the National Association for Media Literacy Education. His work involves designing professional development and enrichment opportunities in media literacy education for K-12 schools. He has also developed video resources and curriculum for PBS Teachers and the Center for Social Media and has published scholarship about youth media, music and popular culture in educational environments, and copyright and fair use. David Cooper Moore received his M.F.A. in documentary filmmaking from Temple University and a B.S. in film and photography from Ithaca College. Kirsty Jones works alongside David Moore as a Training and Development Officer providing training for social care staff in older people's mental health and dementia care. She has worked within social care for approximately 7 years working for a domiciliary care agency establishing care packages to meet the needs of older people living within their own homes including people with dementia. Kirsty has also worked within Adults' Social Services for the past five years as Training and Development Officer and is a qualified Dementia Care Mapper.
- Author(s)David Cooper Moore,Kirsty Jones
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.