All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a guide to understanding the important issue of stigma - 'associated disadvantage' - which affects t only those who are excluded from society, but also family members and friends. Social Work and Disadvantage explains the impact of stigmatization on siblings, families and workers in the caring professions and its consequences for the people it affects and for society as a whole. Contributors provide evidence from research and professional practice on transferability of health and social problems in, for example, dementia care patients, drug users and looked after children. Providing key messages for practice, they outline a range of protection measures to reduce the risk of stigma and victimization. Social Work and Disadvantage provides valuable advice and guidance for social work and health care practitioners, educators and students.
- Author BiographyPeter Burke is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Social Work at Hull University. His research and teaching interests concern the needs of families, children with disabilities and their siblings. He is the author of Brothers and Sisters of Disabled Children, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Jonathan Parker is Professor of Social Work at Bournemouth University. His research interests concern social work with people with dementia and practice learning and education in social work.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJonathan Parker,Peter C. Burke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.