All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with children in foster care is a demanding and rigorous aspect of social work practice. Difficult decisions in fast-moving and often complex situations have to be made, and for students and practitioners alike, there is a vast array of legislation, law and social policy to understand. This book is written to help social workers and social work students get to grips with the complexity of foster care. The child is placed at the heart of the text and there are substantial chapters on law, policy frameworks and the overreaching theoretical and research evidence to support good practice. There is also a strong focus on practical skills such as empathy and relationship-based practice. This is an essential text for experienced social workers or those currently in training.
- Author BiographyHelen Cosis Brown is a Principal Lecturer in Social Work at Middlesex University. She also works as an independent foster carer reviewing officer and currently chairs a local authority fostering panel. She worked as a social worker and a social work manager in inner London before moving into social work education. Her publications focus on fostering and adoption and social work with lesbians and gay men.
- Author(s)Helen Cosis-Brown
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePost-Qualifying Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight283 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.