Social Work and Health Care in an Aging Society: Education, Policy, Practice, and Research by Linda Krogh Harootyan, Barbara Berkman (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $216.02+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book places significant issues related to the health, mental health, and well-being of older adults and their caregivers within the context of social work service delivery. By presenting the research of social work scholars, all experts in specific research areas, the editors clarify the value that social work brings to the larger realm of health care for older adults and their families. Special consideration is given to such issues as case management, urban, African-American elders, grandmothers raising grandchildren, aging persons with developmental disabilities, home health care, and more.
- Author BiographyBarbara J. Berkman, DSW, is the Helen Rehr/Ruth Fizdale Professor of Health and Mental Health at Columbia University School of Social Work (CUSSW) and Adjunct Professor, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. Dr. Berkman has directed 23 federally and foundation supported research projects focusing on issues in geriatric care, and is currently Director of the John A. Hartford Foundation's Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholars Program. She is a former President of the Institute for the Advancement of Social Work Research (IASWR) and is a Fellow of the Gerontological Society of America and of the New York Academy of Medicine.||Linda Krogh Harootyan, MSW, is the Deputy Director for the Gerontological Society of America (GSA) and serves as the Project Officer for the $10 million Hartford Geriatric Social Work Faculty Scholars and Doctoral Fellows Programs. She initiated and secured funding to launch a major initiative within the organization to address minority issues in aging. Ms. Harootyan was a coauthor of The Common Stake: The Interdependence of Generations and has edited or directed production of a wide range of publications. Since 1980 she has been a representative to the Leadership Council of Aging Organizations, a Washington, DC-based coalition of more than 40 aging organizations, and currently serves as the Membership Chair. Ms. Harootyan received her Masters in Social Work from San Diego State University.</p
- Author(s)Barbara Berkman,Linda Krogh Harootyan
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight774 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.