All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent community care policies and increasing numbers of older people needing assistance mean that all social workers must be up-to-date in their kwledge, skills and attitudes towards people with dementia and their carers. This book, written by experienced social workers, provides guidance on best practice in a readable and jargon-free style. Working with dementia: * looks at medical, social and citizenship approaches, thus providing the very latest thinking in the field; * covers a wide range of issues, including often-neglected areas such as sexuality and the design of the built environment; * provides contextual information about the old and new cultures of care; and * discusses skills such as communication and practical assistance. This book is essential reading for social work and social care students, social workers undertaking CPD, and social and care workers transferring to dementia care from other fields. BASW/Policy Press series The BASW/Policy Press partnership provides the very best in accessible and practical high-quality resources for social work professionals and students. For other titles in this series, please follow the series link from the main catalogue page.
- Author BiographyMary Marshall has recently retired as director of the Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling. She is the author of numerous books on work with older people and older people with dementia Margaret-Anne Tibbs was a specialist social worker with dementia in Bedfordshire. She is author of Social Work and Dementia (Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2001) and is now a freelance consultant/trainer in dementia care.
- Author(s)Margaret-Anne Tibbs,Mary Marshall
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleBASW/Policy Press Titles
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.